Bug Obsession

My almost 18 month old daughter has recently (within the last month or so) has a new found obsession with bugs.. and its not just bugs but if there is a spot on the wall she thinks its a bug. She will completely freak out even if we go over and touch the area and show her its ok. If there is actually a bug (even a fly) she will start crying. Anyone else's kids have this issue? (going to post this in general parenting too, we are going crazy with this)

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 10:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 21 1/2 months old and he's never had a problem like that...but I've seen kids who have. One in particular was afraid of ants. I don't have any advice other than maybe she'll grow out of it?
    Anonymous

• Mine was freaking at bugs but loved flies. Now she freaks out at flies and runs over to bugs gets down to look at them then will stand up and stomp them and tell you "all gone"
    beautyqueen616

Answer by beautyqueen616 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009