How long did it take YOUR baby to cut the first tooth?

My daughter is almost 6 months old and I feel like she's been "teething" for 3 months now! I'm just trying to figure out the average age for cutting that first tooth. Thanks in advance! :-)

mama_kayla

Asked by mama_kayla at 10:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months. I SWEAR she was teething at birth! I thought all babies had puffy gums like that. Guess not. At 6 months(to the HOUR almost) her first tooth broke through.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think 6 months is the norm. Mine were at 10 months, 6 months, and 9 months for the first tooth. I think some kids just like to chew. My second born chewed on his hands and toys as soon as he was born. I got annoyed with people who kept insisting he was teething! Lol! He just liked to chew (not good for breastfeeding). When he stared taking a bottle we went through nipples like crazy!!!! He chewed holes in them after his teeth came in.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son was 6 months but my cousins kids were a year old when they started getting teeth.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 10:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My daughter is 6 months old and she has been teething since she was about 4 months. But still there are no visible teeth. The doctor has told me several times that she wouldn't be surprised if one popped out in a couple days and it's been months. Her gums have been swollen for months and you can tell they really bother her. Every child is different but from what I've read the average first tooth comes sometime between 6 and 9 months
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my son is seven months his tooth just now FINALY came through and stayed. his went up and down for months grrrrr
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 11:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• She cut the two bottoms at 7months at the same time! I didn't even know until she bit my nipple!!! OUCH!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 11:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my daughter didnt cut her first tooth tell aweek before one. every child is different
    kahlynsmommy1

Answer by kahlynsmommy1 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009