Bad Breath

My son recently developed super bad breath! We havent changed his diet, or started new foods. Its been about 4 days now..and its horrible. I had even, before this started, brushed his few teeth, cheeks and tounge with the baby starter paste and little brush..I dont know what else to do now cause it completely grosses me out!! I cant even hold him without getting sick...i feel horrible, but is this a matter for the Pediatrician or should I wait it out? I am lost

chaoshappens

Asked by chaoshappens at 10:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Get the kids mouthwash from Listerine, it works great. It is alcohol free. That is if he is not a toddler or infant. He may be sleeping with his mouth open. You can call the doctors office and talk to the nurse and see if he needs to go in. Not sure what else to tell you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• call his doctor because he should not have bad breath.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 6:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• He probably has a cavity; get him to a dentist

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• For my son this was his only sign of a sinus infection. Since your child is young take him to the pediatrician just to be safe. I'm not sure exactly how old your child is but we once took our daughter in when she was 3 years old, they told us to give her more veggies. We did and it worked.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 10:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Throat infection or starting of one? This happened to my son, but that doesn't mean it's happening to your son. You may wanna consult your dentist.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing about bad breath...there are all kinds of reasons, your diet, sinuses, bad teeth, tongue I mean the list goes on. But the other day I was watching Oprah and she had Dr. Oz as her guest and bad breath was brought up he mention all of what I just mentioned and also he said something about our throat there could be food stuck on the lining of our throat or stomach and that food could become rotten and that is what gives us this stinch.
    I would just have him gargle with listerine until it goes away or have him chew gum...my favorite is "Extra" spearmint...I hope this clears up for him. I didn't get his age. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm sorry he is still a baby I had to go back and reread it. I would take him to the doctor for sure.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thanks everyone..we woke up the other morning, and it was gone!!! he must have just had something bad!!! WHEW!!
    chaoshappens

Answer by chaoshappens at 10:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2009