Baby rolling over and sleeping all night at 2 1/2 months....Normal or not?

My baby is 2 1/2 months old and he can roll over from his stomach to back.
He is also sleeping all night (8:30pm - 6:00 am). I was just wondering if this is normal for this age. Are there other babies out there doing these things at this age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first born LOVED sleeping on his tummy and rolled over very early (don't remember how old). My 3rd was sleeping through the night at about 4 or 6 weeks. She would sleep from about 10 p.m. to 6 or even 8 in the morning. Count your blessings and enjoy!!!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Mine was sleeping all night at that age and rolling over as well. She is 7 months now and is now waking up twice a night no matter how much I feed her before bed, crawling and has gotten 2 teeth. Babies sleep patterns sometimes change so soak up all that peace, quiet and extra sleep while it lasts!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Sounds pretty advanced to me!
    My daughter didnt roll till 4 months, but she has been going in and out of sleeping all night.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• enjoy her sleeping all nite it may or may not change. sleeping patterns change often in the first year. and every baby is different rolling over at her age is normal mine was about that when she started to roll over. now she is 8 months and is pulling her self up and walking while holding on. some things they do fast others things take a bit longer. its all normal.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• DD started rolling over from her tummy to her back at 17 days old and back to tummy at just before 3 months. She slept for 6-8 hours a night at about 2 months and sleeps 8-10 hours a night now at 3 1/2 months. Every baby is different. My DD was 2 weeks late and I partially blame her being developmentally advanced on that. But the way your's is going, sounds like they are on the advanced track as well!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• mine is 7 weeks and sleeps thru the night, not quite doing anything else yet
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My dd and youngest were 10 weeks and sleeping thru the night. All 4 of my children were rolling stomach to back around 1 1/2 to 2 months. Sounds normal to me. Every child develope at his/her own pace.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• normal. my daughter did that at that age too. dont act as though your child is all gifted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my daughter didn't roll over til she was 5 months from her back to her tummy, and just yesterday was rollin over from her tummy to her back, she has slept all thru the night since 1 month old. just started babblin a lot last thursday, and she already walks with help. and she's 5 1/2 months old.
    SydneysMommy85

Answer by SydneysMommy85 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thank you for all your responses...

Anonymous....I wasn't implying that my child was 'gifted'. I was just wondering if these were normal milestones at this age. I thought this was supposed to be a friendly and respectful place to ask and answer questions.
    JEC0646

Answer by JEC0646 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2009