Nebulizer treatment side effects?

My son was prescribed nebulizer treatments for his wheezing and poor breathing at night with his cold. We gave him a treatment about 30 minutes before bed. I heard him crying 30 minutes after we layed him down and went up to find he threw up everywhere. I realize he could have gotten sick from coughing so hard, but could the treatment have caused it? Just curious what others have experienced.

LilMsTiff

Asked by LilMsTiff at 10:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• vomiting IS NOT a side effect of albuterol-- tachycardia insomnia restlessness YES but not vomiting-- could be from the coughing-- does he have a fever? If he has a fever in addition to the wheeze I'd request a h1N1 swab in the ED-- my Ed has missed it 2x this month and the results if missed are devestating

MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• He does not have a fever. Really his only symptoms are really bad coughing and a runny nose. We are suppose to take him to the ER if he has another night like last night where he couldn't catch his breath.
    LilMsTiff

Answer by LilMsTiff at 11:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son has been using a nebulizer for the past 4 yrs.. Never had any side affects except maybe a little more energy than usual.. I would take him to his Dr for a double check on his lungs.. GL, and I hope he's feeling better soon...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Vomitting is not a side affect of a neubulizer treatment. It could be from the mucus loosening in his chest and he coughed it up. I have seen kids that get more energy after or the shakes otherwise no other affects.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009