What is the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was accepted to a masters program at one of the top state schools in California, but I didn't have enough money to cover the tuition (even with financial aid). I think I was short $650...something like that. Well, one day after a church meeting, I picked up my satchel, and a roll of bills fell out of it! I thought someone had lost it, but everyone said they didn't lose it. Turns out it was the EXACT amount of money I needed to cover the tuition! I later found out that a woman from the church gave it to me anonymously.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was waitressing and waiting on a table of regulars. A woman overheard me saying I wasnt doing well and was worried about what I was going to feed my kid so she said here and left me a $50 tip,
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 10:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was walking home in the dead of a Wisconsin winter- BURRRR and the bus driver stopped and picked me up no charge- Once also I was freaking out because a table I was waiting on up and left with out paying, and I was crying and another table over heard me stressing over the fact that a 60 dollar table walked away and I didn't even have that in tips (we had to pay the bill if a table walked out unpaid) and gave me 100.00 tip to cover the table that left, and extra for myself.

They left a note on the table saying "sorry for that table, thanks for the great service, you bet will be back to see ya soon!!!"

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The YMCA has a week long camp where they go to the mountains and my son heard about it and wanted to go sooo badly! I told him I couldn't afford the $150 and te supplies he would need. Well the last day of school (I work there also) there was a note in my cubby to please see the secretary. She handed me an envelope with my sons name on it and inside was a confirmation letter from the YMCA telling him what day and time to report for Camp ELKS! included was a $50 gift card for Wal-Mart and all it said was "for supplies". Til this day I have no idea who gave this gift to my son. I always try to find out and no one knows a thing. It was strange and it still brings tears to my eyes....3 years later.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2009