What is the nicest thing you have done for a stranger?

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have paid for a child's toy in a store because he didn't have enough money and it just broke my heart to see him counting his pennies and still not have enough money. I told him to keep his pennies for another thing he wanted and I paid for the toy. His mom thanked me and offered to give me the money back. I refused and said that I was more than happy to help the little guy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I put gas in her tank so she could get home. :)
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 10:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I stayed with and helped a teenager through a difficult labor. She had a placenta problem and the baby was supposed to be born dead. The family was too hysterical to be with her. I was married to a distant family member but didn't know her. She had surgery to her back and couldn't have an epidural and they wouldn't give her anything for pain.

No one came when the baby was ready to be born and I delivered it. The nurse came after. The baby lived for hours and they just left him in an incubator in the room. Most of the time the mom and I was alone. I stayed until the baby died and they finally knocked the mom out. I visited several times and talked to her by phone a couple of weeks later.

Anonymous

• I was at walmart and this woman came in with WIC checks to get formula, she had a screaming hungry infant with her and than realized she forgot the checks at home, I paid for her formula, milk, cheese and bread.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• A friend let me come live with her when I lost Medicaid in the state I lived in and needed expensive medical care. I could get Medicaid in the state she lived in. I ended up staying with her for a year.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• there was a lady that was elderly and she was at mcdonalds and non of the workers were gonna help here with her tray (she had a cane) so i helped her and took the tray to her table and got her drink and then told her to have a good day.
    i try to do good things for people when i see the opportunity
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was hit up for to give a jump to some guy, and upon waiting to situate our cars and do the jump, I noticed that in the cab was a woman, a toddler girl and a 6-7 year old boy in the back of their truck they had only one suitcase and no ice chest and a bunch of dirty blankets. I overheard the ladies distressed voice "why are we even getting a jump hon, we don't have enough gas to run it long enough". He consoled her and thanked me. He then of course went to the other side of the parking lot and turned off the truck! lol. It was in a strip mall so I went into the grocery store to get what I needed and bought some non-perishables, a stryofoam cooler, a gallon of milk, ice and a cheapie toy for each kid. I drove by their truck gave them the stuff and $40. I was kind of shy back then so I just told him where the gas station was, a laundromat to wash their blankets and a burger place. Wished I could have done more.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2009