Cold water detergent

How can cold water detergent kill bacteria? Is it like the hand sanitizers?

Doctors all say to wash your hands in water as warm as you can stand it with soap to kill bacteria.
So, when cleaning dirty diapers (and oopsies in big-boy undies), how can cold water possibly be sanitary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't know whether it does or not, but I wash diapers and anything that has been leaked on in hot water. I also wash our sheets and blankets in hot water because cold doesn't kill dust mites (you'd think they would drown!!!) but other than that, we use cold water. They still come clean!!!
    Busymama07

Answer by Busymama07 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Why would you clean dirty diapers and underwear in cold water? I would use hot water.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Op here~

I agree with you hopelessnance! I wondered why anyone would buy that detergent for not just diapers and underwear, but for any of their laundry. Bacteria grows in all of it just from bodily fluids. I wonder if the company that makes it has done research on whether it really cleans at that level. (not just look clean)
    Anonymous