How do I handle my step daughter who is only two years of age?

I hIave played a great part in raising her since she was four months old. She grew up until now calling me mama.Her mother tells her negative thing about me obviously known by her behavior. My husband is now on a respectful level with her ,but he stll won't have anything to do with me even though I take good care of her daughter. The child is very selfish towards mine and my husbands little girl who is only a year old. However a big problem in our relationship is that he doesn't seem to know how to lecture his older daughter who seems to be wore only when he i around.

modest

Asked by modest at 10:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I bet the mother is that way because you allow her kid to call you mama and she is 2! That is the hardest thing for a kid to do is share. You just have to keep telling her and showing her.

Anonymous

• You should never have allowed her to call you Mom. That's just wrong. As for mom telling her negative things about you, get a grip...she's TWO. She can't comprehend what the mother is saying about you. I think you have issues and it's not about this little girl. If she's acting out with your one year old it's because it's what two year olds do. It's called SIBLING RIVALRY. It's normal. No one should ever ask how to "HANDLE" a two year old. You should just love her and if that happens then no one can tell her anything. She can feel the love. If she's not feeling the love then she'll push away from you. Maybe you just act like you like her when ppl are looking. Maybe the real mom should call cps and see what you are really doing to that two year old
    Anonymous

• You are joking right? Wait until your kid is 2 and you will see that she is just being a normal baby. Come on now. Nothing that her mom can say to her is going to make her act a certain way towards you or your 1 year old. She's not 10 she's 2. Chill out!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2009