Confused?

I am confused when it comes to when we die where we go.. Cause someone had a question about this and there were alot of differnt verses and answers.. Can you please back what you say in verses.. I need to know this.. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have to say, "AMEN!" to what Sabrina said. The Bible does not teach that the soul is immortal! This was added by man! Only God is immortal! These verses say it plainly:

Ecclesiastes 9:5.6---For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward,for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share in anything done under the sun.

1 Timothy 6:15,16--He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power.Amen.

Ecclesiastes 9: IO Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might, for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I suggest when you hear lots of different clashing doctrines - and that confusion is augmented by the fact that they all have different verses to back their view up...

....when you're in that situation, you go to THE source. Circumvent asking people, and ask God directly yourself. You're His daughter (spiritually speaking), He loves you, and He'll let you know.
    Anonymous

• The truth is no one knows for sure but there are a lot of different beliefs.  I personally believe that there is nothing more after death.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I can not back my beliefs with verse because I am not Christian. However I can give you many verses to proove what the bible says.. and I can also tell you, it does NOT say "All Dogs Go To Heaven"

I suggest however that you do the research and soul searching yourself! That's the only way to find true answers!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Are you religious? Are you drawn to a religion?I am sure you have heard what Christians believe. Just in case what I believe is different here it goes.. We are all born sinners. Until we realize that we live as sinners.When we realize that we have the choice to repent and ask for forgiveness,and ask Jesus into our heart.Then we are saved!That is not all though.We are expected to change from who we used to be to who we are meant to be.Also we are expected to build a relationship with our heavenly Father through prayer, and good deeds.(Which just show how much we love him, and that we do in fact follow him.)God is like any parent and wants a relationship with us all. Continue..

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• God enjoys it when we seek the truth, and have the faith that he answers us when we pray.(As long as it is with good intentions.)Jesus told us all what to do, and what is required to be his disciples, and he expects us to do it.And he gives us plenty of assurance that we can do it. When we do all that God has commanded us to do, we will live in the new earth(which some people call heaven,)where God lives with us once and for all.No seperation of heaven and earth anymore.No evil and devil!

Of course reading the bible can tell you the same thing.God bless.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• ecclesiastes chapter9 vers5,6,10 the dead are conscious of nothing at all.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm referring to revelations. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Our breathe...spirit returns to the Lord from where it came from.
    The flesh returns to the ground either in the ground or cremated.
    2 col.5:6 thru 5:8 tells us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    1Cor. 15:53 our spirit is not flesh and returns to the Lord.
    Rev. 19:14 clearly tells us that we have already gone back to the Lord because we return with Him back to Earth as His army.
    God is not going to make our spirit/soul lay in some rotting flesh in the ground. The spirit never dies.
    We that live for Jesus and accept Him as our Savior go to Heaven and them that do not live for Him go to hell where they wait the final judgement.
    This old flesh is just a house for our spirit/soul.
    On the cross; Jesus told the thief that repented and accepted Jesus that "he would see him in paradise...not after the rapture...but, he said "this day I will see you in paradise."
    That is our hope!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Where did the doctrine of the immortal soul come from? PLATO! Athenagoras of Alexandria was the first known ecclesiastical writer to publicly embrace this doctrine. He studied pagan Greek philosophy and refused to give up his views.

"Athenagoras skillfully argued in his writings that Platonic philosophy was essentially embraced by Christianity. Therefore, it was congruent for Athenagoras to interweave both. "Athenagoras frequently combined the beliefs of the Greek poets and philosophers, particularly Plato, with the doctrines of Christianity" (Encyclopedia Americana [2001], vol. 2, p. 605).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2009