A notable difference...

I just wondered if anyone might identify with this. I am about as moderate as a person can be. I was definitely against most of the things that Bush stood for, and I noticed that when people complained about Bush they were viewed as intelligent. However, I've noticed that when people have complaints about Obama, even intelligent, thought-about grievances, they are considered either ignorant or racist. I've noticed this even in the media! I just wonder if anyone else notices this trend. Are people just not allowed to criticize him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think so.
    Anonymous

• Yes I notice it. its hypocritical. nothing new from the far left.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yeah the man is going nuts trying to get "Obamacare" passed admitt's he doesn't even know what all is in there (hasn;t read it of course)...and yet all some can do is sing his praises..BUT we are the unintelligent ones LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• AND yes the racist stuff got old a long ass time ago.That has been well overdone.I guess we are all supossed to let everything go because the man is black.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• That's a load of BS. People criticize Obama all the time, including his supporters. I for one criticized his continuing the so-called "Patriot Act," and I am a supporter. I was then called stupid and ignorant for voting for him. As a matter of fact, ever since Obama started to run I have been a supporter, and people immediately accused me of "drinking the kool-aid", wanting a hand out, all sorts of other stupid crap that has never come up before when I supported a candidate. In other words, it is not the average Obama supporter that is so extreme, it is the reactionary right wingers. They are throwing off the curve.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Stacy even the average bammy supporter used the tactic of race ALL through the campigns and it STILL has not stopped.Anyway,I tried to tell you before but you refuse to see it so.whatever
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Stacy even the average bammy supporter used the tactic of race ALL through the campigns and it STILL has not stopped
    ________________________
    It's not that I refuse to see it. I live in liberal Minnesota, home of millions of Obama supporters, and I am your typical MN DFL-er and it's just not true that they use race as a tactic. I'm not even sure what that means.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yeah, academia (and the news media that likes to think it's academia) is disproportionately left wing - so there's this air of intelligence and education must go hand in hand with those views.

It's odd for me, a straight A University grad, who's also a Conservative, when people throw around "ignorant," or "redneck" in regards to my views.
    Anonymous

• When people realize I'm well educated, they'll then move on to assuming I was a silver-spooner, born-into-money type that's just greedy and unfeeling.

Again - untrue, I was raised in a low income family, and frankly, I'm still in a low income situation since I chose to be a SAHM.
    Anonymous

• It's common with many liberal leaners. They did it with Clinton, too. I have articles where Bush was criticized for Rendition, wiretapping, Bailouts, spending money on frivolous events, things..... But when Obama does it? Apparently it's all of a sudden acceptable. Interesting, isn't it.. ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009