WHAT SIDE OF THE CAR DO YOU PUT THE CARSEAT ON?

RIGHT NOW MY SONS CARSEAT IS REARFACING AND BEHIND THE DRIVERS SIDE ..... I JUST GOT A CONVERTIBLE CARSEAT AND WILL HAVE HIM FACING FORWARD IN A FEW MONTHS BUT FOR NOW HE STILL NEEDS TO FACE THE BACK FOR A WHILE...... DO YOU PUT YOUR CARSEAT BEHIND THE DRIVERSIDE, BEHIND THE PASSANGER SIDE OR IN THE MIDDLE

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 10:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For now ours is in the middle.
    Anonymous

• In the middle if you have no other kids.

Anonymous

• When I just had one he was in the middle until we moved him out of the infant carrier. Then he was on the drivers side. Now they are everywhere! We have 3, soon to be 4 car seats. So the are in the middle and back of the van.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my son was in the middle then my daughter was born so we moved him behind the drivers side, my daughter is in the middle, when this baby is born my daughter will be moved to behind the passenger seat and the new baby will go in the middle
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We have ours behind the passenger's side so I can turn around and see him easily. (also, I can flip down my visor mirror and see him reflected when I'm driving.)

In my hubby's truck, when we go out as a family, it's in the middle.

Whatever feels most comfortable for you is fine. Also, some seats are so large they don't fit behind a seat and you're stuck with using them in the middle.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my daughter is behind the passenger so i can reach her if i need to. like if she needs her sippy cup i dont have to look at her or anything and its easiest to be able to hand it back to her that way.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The passengers seat. If i didnt have the dumb bump in the middle of the back seat, that's where it'd be.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• the middle is the safest place for the infant carseat. Originally I had DD's carseat on the passenger side but then I started wondering what would happen if I got side-swiped. I moved her to the middle, but she is the only child so I have the space to put her in the middle.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• All of mine started off in the middle. When my ds #2 was born, ds #1 got moved to the passenger side. When ds #3 was born, ds #2 got moved to the drivers side. Good thing we are done having kids, there is no room left in my truck for any more carseats. LOL
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 11:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• THE LEFT SIDE- IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER CHILD.
    Anonymous