What else can I do?

My lil girl keeps throwing up her formula she's about to be six months and this is the 4th formula I'm trying. The doctor says it's reflux and for me to try different formulas but she's either throwing up or having more than 4 poop diapers a day sometimes both. I don't know what to do and it's so frustrating because she be so hungry and right after I feed her she's throwing up. Ive tried regular enfamil, gentlease, prosobee, and now enfamil A.R. If your baby experienced this please let me know what you did to make him/her better.

zoriah26

Asked by zoriah26 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest had reflux as a baby they put her on soy formula and gave her some sort of medicine. Sorry I cant remember what it is. She was better in a month.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 10:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• What about a prescription? I had a friend whose baby had really bad reflux. He had medicine he took before eating.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Do you have her sit up a bit while feeding her? Do you have her sit up for at least 20-30 after eating? If not try it. If that doesn't seem to be helping talk to the pedi again and if you still aren't getting help seek a new pedi.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We got target brand soy formula. We went through so many different ones before landing on that.
    Anonymous

• Our son didn't throw up formula, but the first three we tried made his stomach hurt (and made him cry all night.) I didn't breastfeed past the first two weeks, so I had to try formula after formula. $$$$

We finally found out that Nestle Good Start was the only formula he could eat without getting a cranky stomach. I bought ours at Walmart.

Good luck.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• GENTLE EASE FORMULA- my baby threw up everthing but that.- purple can and Walmart makes a cheap version called Parents choice -Gentle-purple can.
    Anonymous

• My daughter has reflux and is on soy. My doctor said if the spit up was bothersome to us that we could try that formula that starts with and N, I can not remember the name. Is your baby gaining weight? It could be milk allergies, I would try a soy just watch for constipation with soy.

After she ate, we would keep her upright for 45 mins in her bouncer, not holding her cause she wiggles and then spits up everywhere.

Try feeding less more frequently. If she is eating every 4 hours 6 oz, try 1.5 oz every hour (its a lot of work but you gotta do what you gotta do)

My daughter takes Zantac and helps out some, we have spitup still but no crying.

You can get stuff to thicken the formula that is in the A.R. formula, talk to your doctor about it.

You can put her at an angle in her crib just prop one end of the mattress up a bit.

Good luck and reflux sucks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks ladies and I did try Gentlease and she spits that up as well but her pedi hasn't mentioned any medicine at all for the reflux she claim that my baby might throw up no matter what formula I try/ I need to start looking for a new doc asap
    zoriah26

Answer by zoriah26 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• breastmilk... there are breastmilk exchanges around here.... some babies really just cannot handle artificial milks, and women donate their extra breastmilk for this reason...
    i would definitely find a new doc, and figure out the problem asap.
    has she been keeping weight on?
    Anonymous

• Surprisingly yes she actually gained two pounds since her last visit but she has reflux really bad and I know it's something out there that I can use to make her keep the milk down or can I just take her off formula and just give her baby food because she keeps that down I just mix the rice with water instead of milk
    zoriah26

Answer by zoriah26 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009