Walked Away...

I let go of my boyfriend because of the fact that he keeps lying to me. I really believe we were going to get married and I really believed he liked me. I know what we had was real, because just by the look on his face when he was with me.
Lately, hes been lying too much so I let him go for good. I blewup at him and walked out of his life.
The sad thing is I really cant make means without him. I want to be with him and I dont want anyone else.
I've already tried talking to him and he is not that serious. He lies about talking to girls and I started to wonder why he would talk other girls behind my back.
So nonetheless, I am miserable
I change my number so he can't contact me anymore and I don't know if I made the right choice. He obviously loved me because we were together for over a year and a half but I don't know if it was true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You have to do whats best for you. And if your commited and hes not then maybe this is best.
    Anonymous

• I dont feel happy at all. But I dont feel happy having to go out of my way to babysit him and watch to try to find out every girl hes talking to behind my back :(
    Anonymous

• You made the right choice. You will NEVER be happy with someone you can't trust. Believe me on this. You think you are miserable now....it's NOTHING compared to the misery you will suffer if you stay. You will get over him. And you will be free to meet the man that will be good to you. Look forward to meeting that guy!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Is there any way to work around trust? :(
    Anonymous

• Call him and tell him that u miss him but you need to go talk to some one a counsler or a minister for relationship advice. Tell him u wanta fresh start but bo lying this time. Tell him this is it no more chances, but u think he's the one and u love him and u want to try again for real this time to make it work. Give him another chance or u will regret it forever, if he screws up again big time- then at least u know the truth and can move on with your life- who know maybe it will work out. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Doing the right thing for you isn't always the thing that is going to make you happy immediately. Doing what is best is always hard but you know you'll be better off in the long run. If you truly feel you two should be together there is always counseling.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No, trust is very important. You did the right thing, if you can't trust him then you will never be happy. Could you spend the rest of your life living in doubt and fear?
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have talked to him many times and he isnt quite the person that would sit for counseling.
    He hates more than anything, letures and talks about planning. Im just attached to him and I dont know how to let loose. I dont want another guy, I just want him and I want him to not lie anymore but I dont know if that would happen :(
    Anonymous

• Bless your heart. It's never easy when they love the chase. My guy LOVES the chase and won't stop for anything. I've tried leaving before then realized I was missing out on who I wanted to be with. So we agreed to have an open relationship. That means we both are free to see other ppl. I don't choose to see anyone else but tell him I do bc it turns him on. However, it doesn't thrill me that he talks to other women but I agreed to it. That way I know what's going on and don't have to worry about him doing things behind my back. He tells me. The more I ignore it the less he does of it. I think it just makes some men feel like real men to chase. Our way of doing things isn't for everyone but I know I'm a lost pup without him and miserable so I just put up with his nonsense. I figure the old dog has to get tired of chasing some day and when he does he'll settle on the porch with me! lol Point = do what you think is right for you

Answer by admckenzie at 11:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The only person you can control is you. Unfortunately no matter how badly you want it you can't make him stop lying. If he isn't willing to even work on it then I don't see any point in wasting any more time with him. Your heart will heal in time. Don't worry about being with anyone right now. Do what you want or need to do to for you.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009