Do illegal aliens represent a deficit on the economy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Most studies show that they take out more money from public services than they put into through what taxes and social security they do pay into the system.

But what's hard to guess for studies, is what would happen to our economy if all those underpaid jobs were suddenly filled by documented workers who had to earn a proper legal wage. But at the same time, it's hard for me to be supportive of such exploitative underpaid jobs.

...and I'm ultimately turned the position of "I want everyone to be documented," when I think of national security...It would be nice if they all were good people who just wanted to work, but that's not the reality - there's drug trafficking and violence crossing those borders which should have never come.
    Anonymous

• They certainly are NOT helping anything.They should be deported every last one of them.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If they have children the child is cover by health insurance up until the age of 21. Deficit? I would think so!
    Anonymous

• let's put it this way: if they aren't part of the solution, they must be part of the problem.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If they have children the child is cover by health insurance up until the age of 21.
    __________________________
    Untrue. Just what are you talking about?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

__________________________

Tell me!
    Anonymous

• How could cheap labor be bad for the economy?
    Anonymous

__________________________

They are covered until the age of 18 here in Oregon. They are also eligible for the free lunch program at school and food stamps. I am not sure about other PA, but I think they can even get the child care and housing benefits.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• OP to answer you question; YES. They use the same services we do; roads, police, fire departments, and schools. They also use emergency medical facilities AND they can collect different types of PA/medical care for their legal born kids. They do all of this without paying taxes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yourspecial good answer! thank you very much. OP
    Anonymous