Why am I so worried and should I be?

To be frank my 2 year old son was an accident. I was on the pill and I missed one and I got pregnant-I was still in school (I still am) and my husband and I would like to wait until I'm out to have more kids. However, I hate taking the pill! As a matter of fact I've stopped taking it and I feel GREAT now! I've taken all different kinds to try to get the right one but I hate the way I feel on all of them and I'm really scared of the Mirena thing that my doctor wanted me to try. My hubby and I are fine with using condoms only but for some reason I'm afraid to tell my doctor (or anyone else for that matter) that I've stopped taking the pill. It may be all in my head but I just feel like people will look at me like I'm irresponsible. I know it's no one's business but why does it bother me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• I was sick on the pill, too. Literally made me nauseous. So for over 20 years, we used condoms and spermicidals. You need to be very disciplined, though! LOL When my son was born, we knew he was all we wanted, so I got "fixed." (LOVE-LOVE)

I would suggest getting the book, Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. (Amazon.com) It explains a lot about when you're most fertile. Maybe you can avoid sex during that time for added protection.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oh, pull up your big girl panties. You were adult enough to have a child and get married you need to be adult enough to talk to your doctor about your medical decisions. Besides for your doctor it isn't anyone elses business so don't tell them. You aren't irresponsible if you have chosen another form of birth control.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You are an ADULT who is married, why do you care what other people think of your birth control methods? It is no one's business. Also, you are being responsible, you are using condoms.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Get a diaphram!! No hormones; no side effects; instantly reversible; no history of PID, lawsuits, infertility, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2009