Can he Press charges?[Pregnant and scared]

i need someones advice. ok i'll be 18 in Month, my babys dads 23. my dad still doesn't know who the father is he thinks i slept around. i'm afraid if i tell him he can press charges and my babys dad will have to do more time then he's already in for[Please don't bash on him he's really a good guy] my babys dads gonna be out right after the babys born and has planned to come and help me out with everything. he's really excited about the baby. i'm just worried my dad will press charges and he'll have to do more time. help????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are eighteen and an adult, there's nothing that your dad can do...you are free to make your own decisions.
    Anonymous

• it might depend on the state in which you live.... wait til you're 18, and then tell your dad...
    ..........or does your dad even need to know right now?
    Anonymous

• Yes I think he can press charges. Do you really think your Dad would do that and why?
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• He cant press charges when u turn 18 so dont tell him untill your 18 and WHy would he not want the guy to get a job and help out ( he cant if he puts him in jail) Your Dads not that dumb.
    Anonymous

• In many states it can be consentual at 17. You can call a rape crisis center in your area and just ask what the age of consent is in your state. Even waiting until your 18th bday wouldn't make a difference since he got you pregnant as a minor but I think you are ok. Just ask. You can call the Prosecutor's office or the police or an attorney too. Any will tell you and you don't have to give your name.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It depends on what state you are in. Go to google and type in your state name and 'statutory rape law'. The age may be 16.

If it is 18 then it would be smart to say you don't know who the father is. On the birth certificate put you don't know. You may have trouble getting aid to dependent children or food stamps because they may force you to give all information to help find anyone who could be the father.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Actually in certain states, that statutory rape law is younger. Pennsylvania's is interesting because there has to be an age difference of four years. Anything less than that doesn't matter. But I know there are some states that the age of consent is 14, not many, but a few.
    Anonymous

• You are gonna do what you wanna do, you are 18 years old!!! I really think you start learning your purpose in life when your atleast 25-27 years, so Sorry I think you lost. Anyways, if you know your dad will press charges, and this is the kinda guy he is, then of course keep it quiet. Pray and ask the Lord to comfort you.
    Chellena

Answer by Chellena at 12:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009