I'm confused,was I creating drama?

I honestly want to know if what I said was uncalled for.

Preg lady in one of my mom groups (away from cm) posted about her bf getting drunk and being picked up on a DWI (alcohol-i hope i got the letters correct) and how she felt he had had a hard enough time so she wasnt upset with him didnt yell at him etc.

Well in this group (we are a very close tight group) last year we had a member lose her mother to a drunk driver.

All I said was please be aware this can be a touchy subject for some of the members.

She threw a big fit about it and I contacted the owner and asked her to delete it,which the other member had as well.But now I feel uncomfortable in the group.Should I of not said anything and let a dear member be hurt?I felt like sympathizing with the drunk driver was not the way to go.

Please input.Im totally open to you telling me I was in the wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think you were.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Nope, you're not wrong. Don't feel bad or alone, either!

I posted something on a gun control issue (I'm not against owing guns) and a member of a group I belong to freaked out. Turns out she had a bad experience with guns and any reminder was more than she could bear. I asked our owner to close the post out of respect for her feelings.

Still, I feel like I was censored a bit. But, in "real life" there are hot-button issues that you don't discuss with family and friends, so I just chalk it up to normal. Let it go.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Preg ladies get upset very easy sometimes/ hormones dont take it personally.
    Anonymous

• Sorry in my opinion you had every right to post. The woman should have been upset with the bf, he is so lucky he didn't hurt or even kill someone. Under no circumstance would I sympathize with a person who did drive drunk, there is absolutely no acceptable reason for it.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 11:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well it was either going to be you to step up or the member who lost her mom. If all you said was be careful with this touchy subject then I don't see anything wrong with it. If you said MORE then that then it depends on what you said. GL and just let it blow over.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with what you said.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well, you should have stopped at the part where you told her it was a touchy subject. You should have let her feel the heat for making the other person feel bad, and she would have learned a valuable lesson.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No, you were not wrong. Some people think that drinking and driving is funny, a joke or not a big deal. Innocent people die everyday because of drunk drivers. I would have said a whole lot more to her. I have NO tolerance for people that drive while under the influence. None whatsoever and I don't care who gets offended.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I don't think you were wrong at all. Good for you for stepping up for the other mom, we should all stand up for one another sometimes! If the pregnant mom was aware of the mom who lost her mother to a drunk driver and still had the nerve to discuss the issue and say she was not upset with him then she is a real B*. You were nicer then me! (Maybe it's just bc I'm preggo too, but I would have been much meaner!) :).
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 1:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• prettyrayray-I did just say be aware it was a touchy subject and walked away but when I went back she was totally offended by me saying such!I didnt want to hurt the member who lost her mother so I wasnt BLUNT when I told her to be aware it was a touchy subject.I really didnt say anything other than it was touchy.

Thank you for all the responces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009