Tembling, shivering, not sure what is wrong.

My son is 7 months old and over the past month he has done this shivering thing, like when you are cold three time.

I'll explain. I was nursing him the first time and he started shivering but it seemed like only his head was moving. I thought he might have been cold but that wasn't it. He has done it twice more since then, but today when he did it, it started with just his head and worked its way down. He was shivering all over. I know he isn't cold.

Has anyone else's LO done this? He didn't even seem to notice that it had happened. I was going to wait til his next doctor appointment but after today I am alittle worried.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 11:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take his temperture when he shivers- he may have a infection somewhere.
    Anonymous

• I would wonder if it's a mild seizure.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Does it happen at any other time or just when you feed him- maybe he is not getting enough milk?
    Anonymous

• I think it could possibly be a seizure... they often start in one area and then travel. I would have him looked at. And it might be helpful if you can get a video of it next time it happens so that you can show your doctor what you mean.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my son does the same kind of thing. he has already stopped eating from me. every time it has happened, he's been falling asleep while taking a bottle. its scary because i don't know what it is. it occurs too randomly to be able to describe it to a doctor. sometimes its just his arms, and sometimes its the whole top half of his body. i don't think its a seizure because it stops if i touch his face or his chest, almost like a comfort. it hasn't happened since the last time we went to the doctor. if you ever find out, could you send me a message so i can look it up? i can't find out anything when i research it myself.
    KellyRay4

Answer by KellyRay4 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It only happens when he is nursing, that I have seen. I know he is getting enough milk because he has plenty of wet diapers and is gaining weight just fine.

Today when I touched his face he didn't stop. I had to press his head into my arm to get him to stop. I thought it might have been a seizure also, but it happens so random. It has been about a week since it happen last and it was almost 3 weeks before that one.

I am going to go ahead and get him checked out just to make sure.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2009