Do I HAVE to have a carseat for my children to board a greyhound bus?

I need to know if I MUST have a carseat,
if I DONT need one, are there seat belts on a greyhound bus?

basically I am preparing an escape from a sticky situation and the less I have to carry, the better. I have 2 toddlers, a back pack and a bag, I would like to avoid the extra luggage if necessary.

How do you feel about this??? Please give me FACTS first and THEN opinions please!!! thank you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, kind of like school buses it's actually safe-ish to be unrestrained in a bus vs. a car. Hence why school buses and other buses don't have seat belts. (I think they should, but that's another story).

However, think about how fun it's going to be trying to handle 2 toddlers on a bus? If you can put them in car seats and keep them entertained, seems like it would be MUCH easier. But it also depends on how far you are going.

But no, I don't think you HAVE to have car seats, but like OP said, keep in mind you will probably need them when you get to your destination.

I hope whatever it is you are going through you find the help and support you need, seems like something domestic related, so I'll pray for you. Good luck.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Call Greyhound and ask. They would know for sure.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• http://www.greyhound.com/HOME/en/TicketsAndTravel/ChildrenTraveling.aspx

Child Safety Seats
    Customers are welcome to use child safety seats on Greyhound buses. However, the seat space must be purchased at the discounted child fare. You should ensure that your child seat has been approved for use in a motor vehicle, and is used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• There aren't any seatbelts on a Greyhound bus, so I am not sure if you would even need one. Call Greyhound and ask. I never thought of this before.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It says you are welcome to use them, but it does not say they are required. Something to think about though is are you going to have the money to buy new ones wherever your destination is? Because you will need them when you get where you are going.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009