Question for mommas with breast enhancements

I know that I would like to get breast enhancements at some point, most likely once I'm done having children. What I want to know, did you get your implants put in before or after you had kids. What complications, if any, have you had. What are the pros and cons. If you had them put in before having kids, or before you were done having children, would you have done things differently or are you still happy with them?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 11:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i got my boobs done about 3 months ago. my son is almost 17 months old..i breastfed for just over 10 months with him. theres always the chance that you wont be able to breastfeed after you get them done but i went into it not even knowing if i was going to have another child. when i got them done i could still express milk, not alot only drops. & i can still, even now, express milk. thats great for me because i know if somewhere down the road i want another child, ill be able to nurse.any plastic surgon will tell you before you have the augmentation done, that you'll most likely have to get them redone in 10 yrs. i have had a friend whos had hers for over 10 & still look great! so i think that depends on you. any more questions just message me! =] hope i could help
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 11:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I got mine two months ago, done having kids, and I love them! One of the best things I've ever done for myself. No complications so far...*knock wood*...and I wouldn't change anything.

Here: http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/general-breast-augmentation-discussion/    You can read a lot about complications and joy from women going through it.  And get just about any question you can think of answered.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I had my surgery eight years ago, before kiddos, or even the thought of kiddos.lol... I was able to breastfeed both of my babies, with very little problems in the beginning, I was unable to continue nursing full time, but I am unsure whether it was a suplementation issue, or my surgery scars. I had silicone gel implants and am part of the study that made them available to everyone. I can say that I will have mine redone, not because there is anything "WRONG" just I would like to go a bit larger, and fakies and realies both age and sag! I can say it has been my favorite procedure for the money, and would recommend you find a surgeon you are very comfy with, that takes the time to address all of your questions thouroughly. Another random piece of advice, you can't expect to change your breast shape, just your breast size.. and you can always have scars retouched to blend them out. feel free to contact me with any questions
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I had mine done 4 months ago and I haven't had any problems so far! I have only one child and probably will not have any more but in case I decide to i talked with my PS about this and he put my implants in through my armpit and under the muscle in which he said will decrease my chances of breastfeeding. When you go through the nipple, you can cut the milk ducts! I LOVE them and wish I had done it sooner! I got sized a 32ddd/34dd but still wish I had gone a tad bigger. I think every woman that does it gets boobie greed afterwards! Good luck!!!
    Anonymous