Remember Hillary during campaigning "We must use diplomacy"??

NK has called her a "school girl"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Anonymous

• I don't put to much stock in what NK says about anyone.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think this was a poor choice of words on her (Clinton)'s part that sparked that comment from North Korea:

Clinton said, "have no friends left that will protect them from the international community's efforts to move toward denuclearization."

That makes the international community sound like some proverbial playground where the US and North Korea are getting ready to throw down, and basically Clinton is saying good luck because you've got no friends to back you up.

Poor choice of words.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• NK is asking for a smackdown. Actually, to me, I feel like they are itching for a fight. I cannot figure out why, but that is the main reason I think we have to treat them as the slightly slow bully on the playground. They WANT a fight, and to them, there is some gain in it.

That, and I truly believe that KJI is going crazy. I don't care for Hillary, but I am affronted for her. We treat dignitaries visiting our nation, or close to our nation, with respect, even when we do not agree with them. The NKs are being disrespectful asshats.

LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Its a high school fight!!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2009