Miscarriage or not?

Just seeing if anyone else had this situation...I went in for my first (8wk) ultrasound today. He couldn't find a heart beat. He saw a sac like thing but said either it had collapsed or I conceived later than thought. Took my Hcg levels and they were 5788. He thought my progesterone level would be less than 5 because he thought I would have a miscarriage however it was 13 which is normal. I go in for another set of these tests on Saturday. I haven't had any miscarriage symptoms or anything like that. I was told if my Hcg levels decrease Saturday I will have a miscarriage. Anways, has anyone had something like this and it turned out okay? I do have irregular periods so I guess I could be off in how many weeks we should be. I am just worried and confused. Hard to wait 2 days :S

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, the reason they are rechecking your levels is because when you are pregnant and everything is developing properly, the level increases every day. If the fetus is not developing or is slowing down development due to threatened miscarriage, the level will go down or stay the same. It is possible the date of conception was wrong, that is why they are going to recheck and see if it goes up and if more development takes place. But quite frankly, there should have been a heartbeat. Just go and recheck everything. It is hard to wait but yes, machines and labs do make mistakes. Medical people are not perfect, and if you aren't having symptoms of miscarriage, like bleeding or cramping, then they are not going to freak you out and tell you that you're miscarrying when you may not be.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Did they see anything in the sac? Cuz i went through something like that and didnt have no signs of miscarrying but what did you know i was gonna have a miscarrage i had a belighted ovum cause they should be able to see a baby by now... All i can say is good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2009