How can stress effect your baby during pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your stress can raise the babies heart rate and blood pressure just like it does your. Which is hard on a newly forming system.

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 11:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Stress hormones are in your bloodstream and cross the placenta and go into the baby's bloodstream.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i was totally stressed with my last child to extreme of being worn out mentally and my mind never ceasing. i was worried about the baby and wish that i had not stressed so much. she is fine now. although i can't immagine what i put her through in my belly
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• BASICALLY STRESS ISN'T GOOD AT ALL.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It depends on how much stress and how often. If you are highly stressed it can cause you to miscarry. But, I wouldn't worry that just because you're stressed doesn't mean your going to lose your baby. The best thing to do is if your concerned talk to your ob and also assess your stress levels and be aware of your enivornment . good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009