What exactly does "court ordered" mean?

There are several issues being "court ordered" regarding a recent visit in front of the judge by my XH and me regarding our children together. What happens if my Ex breaks a court order, what are my rights?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Document every time he breaks court order visits or counsling. That way you have a record of when he is not living up to his duty. It will give you better levarage in court.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 11:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes, and it there are any e-mails coming in from him....keep them...ALL of them. Keep your own too, just be careful what it is that you're saying, if it sounds like you're getting snippy in them. It could look bad toward you.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• So, if somethings court ordered and he breaks the order, what's the punishment by the judge? I guess that's what I'm asking. I intend to abide by every rule the court sets down, however, my Ex is a "gambling" man who thinks nothing of bending the rules of every law put in front of him. If he has no real punishments for breaking these rules in front of him, then he is probably gonna keep breaking the rules the court set down for us to follow. Just wondering what exactly judge is gonna do or not do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• truthfully not much. they say they can garnish wages or even suspend drivers license or even jail but the courts rarely follow through with any of that. my ex is in debt of over 40k in CS but the state let him get away with not paying it for yrs. it was court ordered but they never kept up with you. you have to do the leg work and hound them to get anything noticed in your case or have a real consequences for his actions. you weren't specific though either about what court orders you ahve so hard to say exactly what they would do for you CO.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2009