Question for SAHMs. Would you leave your DH/SO if you win the Lottery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I said this question out loud, and my answer was

"Depends on how much I won."

My DH said

"I wouldn't LEAVE.. just buy us separate houses." hahaa I love him..

LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• WOW! haha. i dont know. depends. prob not but it wouldnt cross my mindl. he doesnt work. I DO.

i know it sounds bad but i can do better somedays

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No i dont think i would.... he spoils me to much..
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 12:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think a lot of work out of home moms are in the same boat cuz the money alot of them earn goes straight for day care not much else. I'm too cheap to play the lottery, my dollar bills go for lunches and gas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• NO! but i would be thrilled that we could buy a house and it would actually be paid for with my money! we have been together for a long time now, so we have been at the bottom together and it feels so nice to be reaching the top together too. if i won the lottery...i could pay off all my debt and instead of just being my SO...he would actually be my hubby!
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No. It wouldn't make a difference. Even if I won the lottery then decided to divorce him, he'd still get half since it was won while married.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No ~ but at the same time I would try not letting him know I won ~ I manage the $ ~ He knows I'm thrifty and a saving, penny pincher. I think I could pull it off.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 12:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• no. i think we'd get along much better. lol

we actually talked about this. we like to fantasize about how life would be if we win the lottery, although i can't remember the last time we actually bought a ticket. lol. we could build two separate houses on the same lot, for when we get tired of each other. lol. but it's obviously just a joke, but who knows. if he gets on my nerves enough, maybe it can happen...
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• he'd still get half since it was won while married.

frustrated

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No way! I took vows before God and made promises to my husband. Things would change, though. Instead of having to "wait for me to fix it", which ends up being anywhere from 6 months to never, I would start hiring things done. I'd get a car with windows that roll down and that doesn't leak on me when it rains, LOL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2009