Why cant I have sex even tho I had a c-section?

What will happen if i did? Its been 2 weeks since I had my baby and I feel fine so can i? Has anyone else did and if so did anything bad happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• If you choose to, make sure you use protection. Women are very fertile after having a baby, my SIL got pregnant 8 weeks after having her son.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• After my first c-section I only waited a week and a half even though my staples were out I ended up ripping on the inside and had to go in for surgery so they could repair the damage. My best advice wait a month!
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Because with a csection no matter whether it was a vertical or horizontal surgery is internal slicing of muscles and such. They've all be stretched way out from a living creature being inside growing and wiggling around. That plus the surgical stress puts needs for rest on your abdomen internally. I've had three csecs and waited about six weeks for each before sex.

I did not want to risk a longer term health problem after my sections. You deserve the rest even from sex mommy. Take your time to rest, your gonna need it. Congratulations!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The infection risk comes from the placenta detaching from the uterine wall. It leaves an open wound. So c-section or vaginal either way the risk is there. I wouldn't do it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You can tear inside and have internal bleeding. Is there a reason you can't wait until your doctor clears you and makes sure you are healing properly? I don't recommend it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• MY G00DNESS Y0U HAD A C SECTi0N 2 WEEKS AG0 AND WANT T0 HAVE SEX? SEX WAS THE LAST THING 0N MY MiND AFTER MY C SECTi0N AND BRiNGiN MY DAUGHTER H0ME. D0CT0RS SAY WAiT 6 WEEKS F0R A REAS0N STUFF CAN TEAR THERE iS iNTERNAL BLEEDiNG iSSUES. Y0U D0N'T WANT A iNFECTI0N. iT W0ULD BE BEST T0 WAiT TiL Y0UR CLEARED BY A D0CT0R.
    Mommy-N-07-N-09

Answer by Mommy-N-07-N-09 at 5:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2009