baby girl name

been trying to find perfect name but i'm so indecisive that i always change my mind. for some reason my mind starts to change the idea of the name. from being sweet to a b*t*chy name etc. so far this is the name i have recently encountered what do you think of this name, alina?

the full name would be alina liana pratt or vise versa liana alina pratt. i noticed right away that they have the same letters just lined differently. we have had liana in the back for awhile with a very possible name, so far nothing i totally love but lots that i really like. this is one of my charactor traits of mine "being so fickle "that i really dislike about myself. i don't dare tell anybody close to me what the name is in fear that they will say they hate it.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think maybe just use one or the other, they sound very similar. she may get teased
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would be worried about teasing as well.

What my husband and I did was sit down and think what we wanted the name to mean, and if we wanted any specific background, we wanted a name that meant graceful (hopefully to fight her clumbsiness i will give her) we also wanted something that she would not be mocked for and could choose several different nicknames to fit whatever her personality may be, We decided with an arabic name after her father and went with Lilith Anira
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 1:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Nooo, don't name her ALINA LIANA! Choose either or not both! I'm having a boy but if I had a girl, I love the name KILANI. We couldn't agree on a name since he's black and I'm mexican so we chose a Hawaiian name but then we found out it's a boy so we are naming him Titus Kaden like his dad. So, KILANI would be my girl (if I were to have another one). It took 9 years to have this one. :( I like ALINA and LIANA but not put together.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with the others. Pick one or the other but not both. It's too many of the same letters all close together, kids are cruel and will tease her. You don't want that. I'm having trouble picking names too. I wouldn't choose something for my son or daughter that would bring on any more taunts then would already take place when kids are growing up.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2009