iam nine weeks pg and my 4 year old got me sick with the flu my throat is so sore what would be safe to take ?

dannamerriam

Asked by dannamerriam at 12:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doc. Not much is okay. I wouldn't take anything until your doctor okays it. In the meantime drink lots of orange juice and water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was about 3 months when I got sick so it might be different. My doctor said I could take robitussin and tylenol. I was having a hard time caughing up stuff and she said I could even take the robitussin with guaf-...... whatever is in mucinex, the stuff that makes it easier to get the crap out. Like I said, I was farther along so you should probably ask your doctor first.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'd go with warm lemonade and a take a spoonfull of honey right before bed. Anything you drink, try and make sure it's as warm/hot as you can stand it. Keeping the area from your tonsils to almost to your lungs warmer then body temp can help kill off a virus. Viruses can only survive at a certain temp, that's why your body develops a fever to burn it out.
    Also make sure that everyone in the house washes their hands....alot! Plus spraying down the usual germ prone areas helps....toilet and door handles....the one on the frig...the phone.
    Plus staying bundled up, vaporizers and good old vicks vaporub.
    good luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You can take TYLENOL if you have a fever. REgular Tylenol...not anything with "maximum strenght". After 12 weeks you can take Benadryl or Robitussin. Try Tylenol and see how that works for you. Otherwise, drink water and keep your body hydrated.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• thank you all i appreciate it hope you all have a good weekend and now back to my cave lol
    dannamerriam

Answer by dannamerriam at 1:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009