Is putting my kids in modeling a good thing?

I been told alot that my kids should be models and i was wondering is putting your kids in modeling a good thing. i was wondering if there are other moms out there that has done it and if so can you give me advice. My kids are 2 months and 2 years old.

Asked by brit041 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I modeled when I was younger and really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't get my kids into it unless they expressed interest. I believe that the child should enjoy it and that he or she should want to do it. I saw a lot of kids who were forced into it and they always seemed miserable. You will have a good idea of whether your kids enjoy it or not after the first couple of modeling sessions.

Answer by jessradtke at 7:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have always heard that about my kids too, from relatives and strangers. Personally it is alot of stress for me and them. Unless they choose to do it later I was not going to push them into that. Good luck w what you deciede.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It takes a lot to have a child model. My brother does some modeling. He can find work all the time- the problem is that his agent will call him at 8 AM on Monday morning and tell him to be somewhere 2 hours away at 1 PM. He has to turn down a lot of opportunities because of school. It is tough- and very rarely worth it.

Answer by FriendlyJas at 9:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i say try it. i mean until theyre old enough to go to school or decide they dont want to do it. the kid should always have a choice. or start with photo contests, cant hurt just make sure u find a legit one, newspapers and radio stations have them all the time. is my fav that is not affiilated with a newspaper though. they have other resources on modeling too

Answer by JessieM12378 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008