sex and labor

does sex really help dialate your cervix and help bring labor on? or is this just another myth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep.... it does worked for us everytime lol = )
    KiaraNBugsmom

Answer by KiaraNBugsmom at 1:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It's not a myth sperm has the hormone prostaglandin which can soften the cervix.

http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Natural_Ways_to_Induce_Labor

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I went into labor the day after :) It works!
    HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 1:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks today and I'm having a scheduled c section next week but we've been having sex the last week and nothing has happened. My best friend swore by it tho so just like every pregnancy is different all the natural labor inducing stuff I think is different for each woman. But hey doesn't hurt to try right =o)
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• So far it has not worked for me! But it has been fun to try!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sperm softens the cervix but you'd have to be full of it and have your legs up for more than an hour for that to work. It's bullshyt about having a lot of sex cause me and hubby been going at it a lot (twice a day) but not cause we are trying to bring on the labor, it's just cause we just want it and of course kissing and hugging leads to that so I'm 39w5d and with no signs of contractions and pains. Actually, I went walking today and that brough weird pains but I stopped cause I was tired and wanted to sleep. Your body will tell you when it's ready. I'm glad to have a set date though. I will be induced next Friday (the 31st) if he doesn't come on Monday (my due date: 27th). I cannot wait any longer.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2009