Is smoking pot really any different then drinking alcohol?

I do neither but am amazed by the people that thinks it's ok to get drunk but not to smoke pot? What exactly is the difference?
Would you smoke it if it was legal?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• there really is no big difference! in my opinion they both make you dumb and bein stuck on stupid isnt cute. and how could you possibly be a good parent if your stoned or drunk?! lemme answer that its not possible. i mean when your younger no kids whatever ok ..most people go through a phase...whatever but when you have a baby its time to grow up and make better decisions
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The only differences in it are they have different effects on the mind and body. Being drunk and being high are 2 different things...both irresponsible for parents to be getting into, in my opinion. I do consider smoking pot worse though but really only because it is illegal and because it stays in your system much longer than alcohol.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree that once you become a parent it's time to grow the fuck up and stop partying. Getting slap happy drunk and stoned to high heaven should NOT NOT NOT be on your list of priorities anymore!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Nobody said partying should be a way of life. But I did question why it is ok to get drunk but stones are throwed to the ones that smoke pot. If it was lega would stones still be throwed?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• in my opinion (and i know a lot of people that disagree with me but this is MY opinion) i think they are pretty much the same. they both have the same affect on your body and mind because they are both depressants (i've researched this- feel free to tell me i'm wrong though). and i don't get what the big deal about being a parent and drinking is IF you're responsible about it. i would NEVER drink with my children in the house, nor would i come home to my kids after a night out of drinking. if i want to drink i would get an overnight babysitter (i'm lucky to have family nearby who wouldn't mind watching my kids overnight). If pot were legal i would find it perfectly ok to do the same thing. but since it's not, i think it's irresponsible for parents to smoke because of the risk of getting caught and losing your children.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 2:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Both are the same to me. I like to drink wine here and there, but not get drunk and pot? Well, I have friends my age that still smoke it every weekend but they don't have kids. I am guilty of taking a hit like every 2 years. Hope I don't get bashed.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I like to take a hit everynow and then! I like to drink on occasion.... partying days ARE over. The only time I drink/smoke is when she is in bed (and I won't wake up with a hangover) or when she is being watched (which happens maybe 1-2x's a year!!!)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• They are quite different. When you get drunk you losen up and lose control of your body, slur your speech, stumble around and do silly things. Smoking pot makes you losen up also but you dont stumble around or lose your speech and it often makes stupid things really funny and helps you get really deep into thought. I guess you might be able to compare it to having a glass or two of wine, but not really. Honestly you probably see people that are "stoned" all the time in public and have no idea because *some* people can function normally after smoking, others get really paranoid and can't (me, so I don't smoke anymore). The other thing is that smoking pot leaves NO hangover. Smoking pot can also making be really forgetful and I would never ever EVER recommend doing it around your kids, but I dont support getting trashed around your kids either.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I personally don't care for either, but IMO, I don't like being around drunks, they are slurring, and slobbering, getting loud, and fighting...people who are stoned don't do this, they are more mellow.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i agree 100% with pinkgemini and lilmama... I have taken a hit or two since having kids but NEVER EVER around my kids! they've been long in bed for the night .. and it was never inside my house!!!!! I have had a few drinks around my kids but never enough to impair me to where i was unable to watch my children. I think pot and drinking are perfectly fine if you know when its ok and when not an dyou can use moderation. If you are smoking daily and drinking daily ... to me not ok... or if you are getting baked and wasted in front of your kids not ok.
    Jessy103

Answer by Jessy103 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2009