How will your life or kids lives be impacted if we switch to universal health care

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:47 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• I will sleep better at night knowing that we all have healthcare. We have universal police, fire, water, electricity, education, etc. Why is healthcare less important?

The US has the most expensive healthcare in the world, yet our infant mortality rate is rising, chronic (preventable) diseases like diabetes are rising, our life expectancy is starting to decrease.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have lived with universal health care all my life.  How does it affect our lives?  We have quality medical care when we need it without any financial worries.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:27 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I can't imagine it being better than the prive insurnce I have.

Do you think perhaps, rkoloms, that the reason we have rising mortality rates and preventable desease is due to lack of personal responibility? How many people choose to eat at mcdonalds every day rather than having a healthy meal or eat high sugar foods and are over weight and thus get diabetes? You cannot blame healthcare. Our national is also the most obeses. I'm sure that has more to do with health problems than doctor visits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2009