Are you finished school shopping for your kids?

I have gotten everything but the shoes and books. I saved a ton by shopping online this year. Sales are everywhere and I spent less then half of what I did last year. Did you spend more or less then last year?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't even started. I buy clothes and shoes throughout the year, as he needs them. Seeing he is growing about 2 inches in a month, I can't keep up. I refuse to buy more than a couple pair of shorts or jeans at a time, because he outgrows them so fast.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Not really I've gotten a few things clothes wise but not supplies. I'm waiting on the tax exempt day for supplies.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have never heard of a tax exempt day for school supplies. What state do you live in?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• School starts this Monday, so I hope so. :p
    He needs new tennis shoes for PE and a new belt for his uniform, but everything else is bought. I spent about the same this year as last.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I wish they had uniforms here. They have talked about it but the parents wont go along with it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The uniform is so nice to have. There are no arguments about what to wear every morning, which we did have before this school.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It would be better I think for the kids to have uniforms. Less competition to dress for school and less kids being picked on for their clothes. Thankfully, my son has not had to deal with this but he has told me about how some kids that have.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• ronjwake - try this site to see if your state has a tax free weekend:
    http://singleparents.about.com/od/cuttingcosts/qt/TaxFreeHoliday.htm
    If so, be sure to read the stipulations such as how much the item can cost and what items fall within the tax free status.
    Have a good one!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009