Mucos Plug???

Ok so this is probably way TMI, but here it goes. I'm 38 weeks today with my second child and I'm not sure if I lost my plug or at least part of it or not. I didn't ever lose it with my first but I was laying in bed tonight and all of a sudden felt something wet down there so I went to the bathroom and there was a bunch of snot looking stuff on the toilet paper when I wiped. It was like if I were to blow my nose when I'm sick. It was very thick and looked like nose mucos. So my question is do you think this was part of my plug?

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did it have any blood in it? or a pink tint. if it did then it was that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Nope there wasn't a pink tint to it, but my dr said there isn't always a tint or blood in it. That's why I wasn't sure.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sounds like your mucus plug or some of it atleast.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Me and my husband had sex the last couple nights and went walking tonight which brought on some good contractions but then they stopped so I didn't know if any of that couldve helped I guess loosen the plug to where it would start to come out.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Well, I'm 39w5d and I haven't had any BLOODY mucus. Mine is light green snot and super slimy. I'm 2cm dilated and she said not everyone has blood in it. So yes, it's probably your mucus plug. Mine has been coming out every other time since the 8th month. So, you're in the time that it will start coming out on its own.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009