try to break something off of me

i am trying to break something off of me, that is sin. BUt why does it keep calling me back? why does it seem to be there trying to tempt me, etc.. I am just feeling like i get pulled down by the devil, and i am trying so hard to be free, and stay free.
help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hey sister its ok... First you have to rebuke that in the name of Jesus and send it back to the pits of hell where it came from the devil does not have any control over you remember that... Whatever is tempting you STAY AWAY FROM IT.. if its thoughts every time you get those thoughts do what i said rebuke them in the name of Jesus .. Those thoughts have to go.. Remember that is what satan wants is to get you in your weakness and if he knows he can get you he is still going to keep doing it remember that.. You can fight the devil but only by the name of JESUS CHRIST... If you need anyone talk to im here ....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• God helps those who help themselves. Try not blame anyone for whatever ails you. Otherwise you are not facing the problem, you are running from it. Admitting that "you" have a problem is the first step to recovery. The more you blame anyone else for your misgivings the further you are from healing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• ANON 2:30 where is the bible verse where God says God helps those who help themselves? I want to know thanks
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree, stay away from it. Meditate, pray whatever you need to focus on the positive in your life. Also the anon had some points as well. Don't blame anyone for whatever is happening to you. Realize that it is your issue and get the proper help. Go to your Minister, counselor or even a good friend when you feel you need extra guidance. Good luck to you

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Right now this poster needs a kind ear. And you are a compassionate ear for her right now Hinson. Don't let the anons quote deter you from whats really important right now.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It actually doesn't say that in the bible. The passage that is so often misquoted is from Romans 8:28. It says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

My advice to you is to pray that God will help keep you on the path to righteousness, and seek his guidance in all things. It is also helpful to surround yourself with other believers who will help you as well. The bible also says in Matthew 18:19-20: "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Stay strong, and know that He is with you always, and He has endured the temptations of the devil, and with His help, you can overcome this trial. :)
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 2:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Answered at 11:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 by: hinson7169
    ANON 2:30 where is the bible verse where God says God helps those who help themselves? I want to know thanks
    ~~~~~
    It is not in the Bible.
    It is not there because God knows that we as humans can not help ourselves and that is why He wants us to get help through Him.
    People for ever have said that..."God helps them that help themselves..."
    Not in His Word!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• OP
    Everyone of us sin and God calls us sinners.
    He says if any of us say that we do not sin that we are liars and the truth is not in us.
    Do you know how to repent? I mean really repent for what you know is wrong in your life?
    That is not being sarcastic...it is a real question.
    A lot of people ask for forgiveness and then they repeat the same sin that God has forgiven them for. He says, "tempt not the Lord God"
    Try to remember that we all fall short and none of us deserve to have Jesus as our Savior. NONE of US are GOOD ENOUGH.
    But, I love Him and when I know that I am wrong I also know that I can go to my FATHER and He will accept me.
    REPENT! That is the key.
    with Love from someone that knows that the Lord loves His babes.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I want to pray for you and with you.
    Heavenly Father and Our Redeemer
    I am coming to you on her behalf and asking for You to give her the assurance that You will love her through whatever she is going through that keeps her in bondage.
    I come against all confusion for confusion is of satan and not You.
    Break every bond that has her confused and restore and make within her a spirit of understanding, strength to overcome what ever it is that keeps her feeling that she is not walking with You.
    In the power that You have given unto me through Your Spirit; I bind all that is sin and hinderance to her walk with You and I replace it with the willingness to serve You and obey through the repented heart. Fill her with Your Sweet Spirit lord and make her a vessel for You right now in Jesus name..amen!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The theme of the Bible is we do have to help ourselves! We have to stop giving in! This verse says a lot: "Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7) This tells us that we do have a part to play in giving up a habit. Submit and resist. If we continue to give in to temptation, we fail to submit to God.Temptation provides opportunity for spiritual victory and growth, if we resist it.(James 1:2–4;12). God always provides a way to escape the temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Peter 2:9) Jesus says we have to deny ourselves, take up our crosses and follow Him.(Luke 9:23)

Another point: don't entertain sinful thoughts! Sin begins in the mind. (Ephesians 2:3) Guard your heart and mind. Don't be around people, foods, drink, or anything that you are tempted by.(Romans 13:14) You can do all things through Christ whom strengthens you! (Philippians 4:13)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009