5 month old on his back.....

my son is 5 months almost 6 months and he rolls orver onto his bellie at night.....do i have to keep puting him back on his back or let him sleep like that?....he dont know how to roll back to his back yet

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 2:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is 5 1/2 months, and shes more comfortable on her tummy. She actually sleeps longer throughout the night when shes on her tummy, granted she moves around more, but when she was younger she was on her back all the time. Babies are smarter than people give them credit for. I think it'd be fine to let him sleep on his tummy, even though he can't roll over to his back yet, when they can roll over at all, I think it's safe for them to sleep on their tummies because it's inevitable anyway.
    SydneysMommy85

Answer by SydneysMommy85 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• well hes been next to our bed since he was born and i need to put him in his room....it just worries me cuz he goes on his tummy and my man is always turning him over at night when im at work....my other son never did that he just stayed on his back at night so im like eeekkkkk
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would turn him over on his back to make sure, but that's just me. I also think that, just like adults, babies need to sleep in different positions throughout the night. I never sleep in the same position all night. When my daughter is up to feed at night I always put her on the other side than the one she was one when she got up. Just to give her other side/back/stomach a break.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2009