Wow, this is scary what are you thoughts?

Here are two companies in Canada that help Canadians come to the US for health care because the wait is so long in Canada because they have a national health care system.

http://www.timelymedical.ca/

AND

http://www.northamericansurgery.com/

3 years for gallbladder surgery?!?!?!?

2 years for hip replacements ?!?!?!

6 months for an MRI ?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Ha I get that here in the us lmao! but no seriously I have been waiting for ever to get my MRI and no one has called me to schedule one from my orthopedic surgeon so yeah I can't imagine how long i would have to wait if it was National heath care:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was assaulted and beat into a coma in 2004 while working in the hospital. It is now 2009 and I just had a surgery on my neck where the neurosurgeon replaced 2 vertabreas and tried to fix all the nerve damage. I am still unable to write, eat or hold anything in my right hand. I am getting ready to go in for another surgery...LOOK HOW LONG this all took! It was government..Labor and Industries.
    The neurosurgeon that is my Attending Physician told my husband and I that even after the next surgery there is NO GUARANTEE that I will ever have full use of my right arm, shoulder and hand.
    It could have been saved if I would have been approved for the surgery 4 years ago. Even after MRIs and EEGs and other tests were done the government wasted time until the de-nervation destroyed my arm.
    WE CANNOT AFFORD any more GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE!
    Private ins. will not help if you are on Labor/industries.
    NO BIG DEAL. Just cost me my arm.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 3:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• This pretty much sums things up!

"One Supreme Court decision may have done more to change health care in Canada than three major reports and a first ministers conference that ended with a $41-billion infusion into the system.

On June 9, 2005, the high court struck down a Quebec law that prohibited people from buying private health insurance to cover procedures already offered by the public system.

"Access to a waiting list is not access to health care," two of the justices wrote in their decision.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/healthcare/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My thoughts are I'm sick of hearing about health care...it's like the new Michael Jackson
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 8:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

I don't think you'll be sick of it, if you have to wait 2 years to get a hip replacement when you're a gramma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'll get back to you in 40 years and we'll see
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 9:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• its not the new mj, honey, its real and alive, and needs reformation. i'm not a fanatic that refers to it as a crisis, but it certainly is an important and necessary issue that needs to be addressed/fixed. (i was over mj years ago.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My parents lived in Canada for 3 years, and when they talked to Canadians about the US health care going public, the response usually went something like this:

"They can't do that, where are we supposed to go see a doctor then?"

Yeah, the migration to the US for medical care by Canadians is very standard practice.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:38 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Interesting and yes very scary..it would be a wreck.Check out how Tn (with Tenncare) tried it...Massachusetts...and I believe Cali had some type all failures.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2009