What gadget has taught your child the most?

Gadget ie toy, book, dvd, whatever.
Mine is the Tag learning system by Leap Frog. So cool.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my son was young he watched Barney. At age 2 he knew his alphabet in English and Hebrew. He could also count to 100. People can say what they want about Barney, but it is a great program for toddlers.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• ronjwake Which episode taught Hebrew alphabet. Haven't seen it but would love to download if if you can remember...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• a lot of shows on tv teach kids counting and abcs.....my son learned a lot from the tv.....he will be starting preschool and his dock said he is going to excell in shcool that he is really smart :) way to go tv..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• From tv watching noggin..
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 2:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Anon this was 12 years ago! I had it on VHS. You may be able to google it and find it. I will look and post it if I can find it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You can get it at hotmoviesale.com for $10.48. This is not the same one that I had but it looks like an even better one!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• His computer. We built him one of his own when he was 3 because it was hard to make time for him to use ours while he was awake. He used to love playing the Sesame Street games on Noggin.com, and cognitively he jumped ahead in leaps and bounds. He'll still play on Noggin once in a while, but he's far beyond mastery of the games there. Now he's doing more in the ages 8-10 range, so we stick to more disks than websites. There seems to be a real gap between preschool and tween out there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• NP I agree that there is a giant gap for the ages you stated. I have not seen practice math book for over 2nd grade in stores.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• ronjwake thanks! I appreciate you looking into that for me. Going to buy it now! ;)
    Anonymous

• Books, workbooks, little "field trips," and our backyard. :)
    I read to my girls all the time and taught them preschool myself with the help of the workbooks you can purchase at homeschooling stores or even Walmart.
    We would take fun little "field trips" with some friends to interesting places - the zoo, aquarium, wild reserve, Native American pow-wows (we are Blackfoot), sugaring, apple picking, and whatever was going on in our town.
    Our backyard was an awesome learning place! They learned about bugs, the seasons, gardening, wild animals (staying away from them and what they do to our property when they feel frisky...lol), the stars, just about anything and everything!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009