Baby about to start TEETHING, Any suggestions, or tips to make it easier?

My baby girl will be 6 months on the 28th and i know she gumming the heck out of her hand and she will be teething soon, just looking for suggestions or tips to make this stage go by easier, or more comfortable for her (and me!)

babySTAR09

Asked by babySTAR09 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First thing i always suggest is DO NOT use orajel. the numbing agent in orajel actually toughens gums and makes teething take longer and make it much worse. My MIL, SIL, and myself use Hyland's all natural teething tablets. they work great!

I also give my DD a piece of frozen fruit in a fresh food feeder (one of those mesh bag things, if you dont know what i'm talking about PM me.) that helps. Or try a cold damp washcloth or chilled teething ring. Teething isn't a fun time for you or your baby but you'll get thru it fine. Good Luck!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 3:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The Hyland teething tablets were great, our ds didn't like them melting under his tongue, but you can dissolve it into a bottle. Other than that, we just let him chew on stuff, but he hated teething rings, cold washcloths, frozen waffles, etc.... finally he was having such a hard time my sister went to get orajel and by the time she came back from the store 2 teeth had popped out (in like, ten minutes). Oh, we also brushed his gums lightly with a baby toothbrush to stimulate the blood flow, I think that's why they popped out so quick - he only teethed badly for about ten hours.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• He'll be 1 next tuesday and has 12 teeth, the molars are starting to pop through, but it doesn't bother him anymore.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thank you both of you ladies, this will definitely help...i bought orajel earlier so i will go look for those tablets now instead!!!

babySTAR09

Answer by babySTAR09 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2009