24 weeks and producing colostrum?

Is it normal to start producing colostrum (sp) so early? I know it's normal to have some before you have the baby but at 24 weeks?! Also if you have produced colostrum is it normal to go back to not producing it or breast milk?

I noticed it in the shower and that it had a little bit of a white substance with it... so of course out of couriosity I start messing with my breast. Well by the time I get out of the shower I check it to make sure I wasn't just dreaming it and I barley got any out. Is all this normal, am I going crazy or just dreaming somehow?

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have little puddles on my sides from my boobs dripping and this has been happening for the last 3-4 weeks. im 24weeks pregnant now.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have the lil white dots at 25weeks, & have had them for maybe 6weeks or so already but no leaking. It all depends on your body. My mom started leaking at about 24weeks when she had my brother, & then at about 16weeks when she was pregnant with me. I also have known people to not leak until days after baby is born. It all depends. I'd say 24weeks is not a worry point & that your body is doing just what it needs to do to get you ready. Congrats! Now you get the pleasure of buying nursing pads to keep it from spotting up your shirts hehe.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It is normal...my last 2 pregnancies I have leaked by 25 weeks. My first one nothing.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks into my first pregnancy and I was leaking around 20 weeks until now. It's usually when I try to go without a bra, but I keep pads in my bra when it starts up because it usually last a day or 2 and goes away.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm 40 weeks and I have yet to see a damn drop on these tits. LOL.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 11:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I started having colostrum at 10 wks. but, I haven't really leaked to speak of. Every women is different with every pregnancy. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009