How can I get pregnant

Hi there, I am a 32 year old mother of 2 and the dr is telling me I am to fat and not ovulating but I dont think so I have seen heavier people get pregnant. Im just so sad

dawn91407

Asked by dawn91407 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe he's hinting at health. Its easier to get pregnant when ur healthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Well I think hes a dumb ass for telling yo that and I would have snapped on him for that. Being over weight or fat has nothing to do with getting pregnant. I think you need to see a different doctor because he is just RUDE. Your doctor is not suppose to make you sad and upset ( Where is he Ill go tell him off). If you have 2 kids already that means you can get pregnant and you WILL again. Honey don't listen to that idiot and go get you another doctor because he don't know what he is talking about. I have always been about 20 to 30 pounds over my weight and had 5 baby's and my friend weighs 350 and is pregnant every time she turns around. You will have anther baby everything will be ok. Don't be sad because he DOSE NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I am 32 with 3 kids and almost 30 lbs. Tell your doc to shove it. I am 30 weeks along for #4.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I used to work at an ob gyn clinic and we had women there that were 400 pounds and over that were prego, I think you Dr. is a rude ass and you should find a new one.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Your doctor sounds like an idot, I am overweight a good 50 pounds and it takes us 1 time everytime to get knocked up. Start having sex every other day or get the ovulation kits, if that doesn't help try getting another opinion from a different doctor. I wish you all the luck
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:20 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Being over-weight effects your health in many ways. Just because some fat girls get pregnant, doesn't mean others can. Maybe there's another issue there. If my doctor told me I was fat, I'd get off my ass and loose some weight. If you loose weight you'll be healhier-mentally and physically. Your sad because of what your doctor said, well loose weight and you'll feel better about yourself. And if you do get pregnant, it will be healhier for the baby.

Why is everyone assuming this doctor is a man? Women call other women fat too.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I just want to put it out their that i am overweight for being only 5'2. I had no problem what so ever trying to concieve. It only took me 2 months with both of my kids. Now i did change alot of my bad habbits to help along with the process. I ran a mile everynight. I drank ALOT of water. I took prenatals. I drank alot of green tea. I also stayed stress free. Your doctor like someone said is probably all about health. You can be overweight and very healthy. Unless you have something wrong with you that is enabling you to get pregnant besides your "overweightness" i dont think you should have any problems trying to concieve. It might not even be you. It could be your hubby. I hope everything works out for you hun. GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Being overweight has very little do with your abillity to conceive. However, if you are not ovulating then there may be an underlying medical problem which is being made worse by you being overweight. I was told to lose weight bc I have sugar problems which were contributing to my inability to conceive. I would find another doctor if that is how he worded his advice; that was rude and completely uncalled for! Concentrate on getting healthier (it will also made pregnancy a LOT easier!) and see what happens. Don't crash diet bc that can make the problem worse! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Before people start bashing at the doctor, it isn't because he is rude, it's because he is concerned for mom and baby future health. My friend is 5'2" and weighed 170 lbs. She was considered "obese" because she is suppose to weigh 130 lbs at that height. She got pregnant and ended up only gaining 30 lbs. She now has cholesterol problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, and who know what else and is on all these medications. She is only 25 YEARS OLD! Unfortunately her baby has almost the same thing and is diabetic. So it's sadder for your child to have already problems because you didn't want to lose weight before having a baby. If you're overweight, consider walking or losing a little bit before conceiving (although it has nothing to do with conceiving). It will make you feel better and know that your baby will be very healthy.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 11:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Just to make this clear. Thank you all for your advice exept for 1. I do get up off my ass at one time I was down to 130 pounds I busted my ass every day in the gym and changed my diet. I was on fire last year my left hand side of my body is all f$%%^ up, so I went into a depression, well I got out of it, found out I was pregnant. SO I might be as big as I was before I started, but I work 2 very hands on labor jobs, so it aint about getting off my fat ass and those of you that think fat is about over eating well I barely eat shit, it also has alot to do with genetics. The woman who made that coment to me from your pick you wont win any awards either
    dawn91407

Answer by dawn91407 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2009