carpal tunnel syndrome

I have recently found out that I have carpal tunnel in both of my hands. Now, I have to wear wrist splints on both hands. Does anyone who sews or crafts alot and use these ? I am so afraid that I will not be able to do what I love to do having to wear these all the time. Also, I am in school to be a medical transcriptionist and now am wondering if I will be able to do that. I am so upset now about this and not sure what to do. Any info from anyone would be appreciated.

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 4:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• I only wear mine at night when I go to bed. I find they get in my way doing general housework and taking care of the kids. Honestly it is too painful for me to do crafts anymore.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I only wear mine to bed too. My dr said if I wore them all the time my wrists would get stiff. They do help me by just wearing them at night. If it is really bothering me I will wear them for alittle bit during the day.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i only wear mine at night too. My doc said my wrist mgiht weaken if I wear the brace too long. But I was just starting to show the signs. If you have worse symptoms, you will need to wear it for a period of time until your writs heal up a bit and then go from there. There's no way to know how your writs will respond and if htey will recover on their own or need surgery or what. So just do what your doc recommends and hope it gets better. My aunt had surger on hers and is doing pretty well now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2009