how much movement should u feel at 31 weeks? does it decrease?

im 31 weeks along and feel a lot less movement then i did before did anyone else experience this

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Alot of movement is always a very good sign that the baby is getting enough blood flow and is healthy. When i was pregnant with my son i did feel less movement around week 36. As far as week 31 if you dont feel atleast 10 kicks within the hour then i would be a little concerned. Some babies have their quiet days though. If you are worried call your doctor hun. Gl
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• around 31 wks i hadnt felt her move in like 3 days so i went to the hospital and she was fine...the nurse explained it like this....when u go through a growth spurt u sleep more, babies do the same thing...u might feel a decrease of movement due to the baby sleeping...but no one will ever make fun of u if u go to the hospital to check...and the hospital or doctors office will never turn u away
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My baby sleeps a LOT (I'm 32 weeks) As a matter of fact, the day before yesterday I woke up on my back which meant I had slept that way all night and I was freaking out├é┬ábecause he usually wakes up with me and he wasn't moving. I tried eating and laying on my left side and still nothing. I started to get panicked and rolled all around the bed massaging my tummy and he gave me a couple little kicks and then remained quiet for the rest of the day. Then YESTERDAY he was up with me in the morning and didn't go back to bed til around 10. He was up and active for like 2-3 hours, which is a big stretch. He is pretty quiet and shy though, like myself. When he is kicking and I push back on him a little, he stops. BUT, he is also grumpy like me too, sometimes when I rest my hands on my tummy he'll try to kick me off. =] At least I like to think so. Good Luck! Lay down on your left side after eating and he should start moving 4 you!!

gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• There is a certain point in the pregnancy where the movements turn different because the baby has grown so much, and doesn't have a lot of room to move. I don't remember when that is exactly, but I seem to think that it might be around the 30 week mark. But you should still feel movement. My two pregnancies were very different. They didn't kick the same way. My oldest were strong kicks, and my youngest were more like sliding motions, kind of like a foot sliding up or I could feel what I thought was her head turning.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009