Why do men cry like little babies but when we have a bad day they don't listen?

I worked a 12hr shift yesterday and I'm back at it today. I had a very emotional day at work yesterday. Pretty much S***T hit the fan and all by 930am. When it was all over with I went into my office and broke down. My BF who I live with calls me and starts venting out to me all about his bad day(we work at the same place different office) I told him that I was having a bad day to. He said he would call me later. He never did! I got home put the kids to bed and went to bed myself. He came home from baseball and went to the garage to drink with the boys. He never asked me how my day was nothing. Guess I just feel that my job is nothing and that I'm not importaant! I always listen to him but when it comes to me its like he tunes me out. This really hurt my feelings!! Now today I'm back at work and trying to pick up the pieces without feeling emotional.
Sorry just needed to vent.

newlifewith3

Asked by newlifewith3 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Men don't rationalize the way we do. We vent, we cry, we scream, we use every outlet we can think of to voice our frustrations. Men don't work that way. They mention it once and it's not thought of again. My husband does that and it's the most irritating thing.

I'm pregnant and want to talk about everything when the mood strikes me. If I try to talk to him about let's say the nursery. He tells me we already talked about and why am I talking about it again. My SIL was over the other night and she and I talked and talked about breast pumps, delivery, registering for the baby shower, all of the things that I can't talk to him about.

Men do not understand up compute thoughts the way we do. You need a girlfriend to hang out with and just vent. Your SO may never understand your day but it's good you're learning to understand him better. Have a better day today.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Ya I know men are like that. My GF was going to come over last night to talk with me about what happened, but when I got home I was mentally tired that I just went to bed. I have a hard time cause he is always venting to me but I never on him cause I know what he will say and that will upset me even more!!
    I'm going to try and have a better day!! Going to stay positive!!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Why do women generalize all men when their husband is being a jerk or baby? Most men are not jerks and there are as many jerk women as men. He made a mistake and didn't call you back. Instead of getting mad talk to him about it that is what grown women do instead of whining and saying all men are bad. If you are always like this no wonder he didn't call you back and had drinks.lol I would drink to deal with your whining too.lol

Anonymous

• Ummm is it me or are there just some pretty rude people on here. The fact is I always listen to him whine. I had a really hard day, and he was busy. Excuse me for venting on here!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009