I had a pregnancy test with two half lines what does this mean?

I took a pregnancy test this morning. It is a First Response Pregnancy Test. There were two lines almost instantly. When I went back the 3 minutes later the first line was strong but there was only half a line, the second line the bottom half as very strong and the top have as a little weaker just not that much weaker... I am wondering if this means it is a bad test or if it is actually a pregnant result. I do plan to take the other test later but I would still like to know about the first test. Thanks for your help and support.

BlkWingedAngel

Asked by BlkWingedAngel at 8:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say a faulty test...even though you could still be pregnant
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Ok, the second line is a control line. Meaning, that one will always show up regardless of how faint it is. You result is in the first line. If that first line appears than you have pregnancy hormone in your system. Sounds like you are pregnant. Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Take another test sweety!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thanks to everyone who answered my question.. I took the second test and the control line is faint but the one that shows the pregnancy is really strong and pink... Im so excited...
    BlkWingedAngel

Answer by BlkWingedAngel at 10:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Happy day!! Congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2009