My daughter is 17 months old, when can she start sleeping with a pillow?

Swilson61204

Asked by Swilson61204 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would think now. My son is 20 months old and I have stuffed animals in there with him and he had at one point, a star pillow, a small one I would put in there with him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my girls had pillows around the 1year mark. at least i know #2 and #3 did....can't recall for my oldest.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:46 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Can she lift her head up? Can she roll over if she is uncomfortable? I mean, the main reason they say no pillows with infants is because getting away from the pillow is difficult, since it's difficult there is a chance they could suffocate. By 17 months, she is able to escape anything on her face, so it is safe.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009