How come some states....?

How come some states issue the non-custodial parent at least $50 a week, and others like N.C issue them $50 a month. I don 't get it just because they don't have a job they still have to help take care of the child. Now if the mother didn't have a job she would have to do what she has to do to make sure her child eat right? I kind of wish I lived in one of the states that isuued the non-custodial parent a certain amount a week even if they don't have a job. Going to court soon and he still don't have a job!!such a loser

zoriah26

Asked by zoriah26 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm in the same boat with you. He could get a job if he wanted to, even if it were just stocking shelves. Mine just needs to cut his expenses - he's living by himself, he doesn't need a large 3 bedroom condo in a nice area.

Answer by missanc at 10:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009