Has your dh had a vasectomy? How old was he when he did it?

How was it for him, painful...what was he able to do the first day movement wise...lol.

How long to you have to wait to have sex after the procedure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• nah, i didn't trust his litter buggars. It was more trustworthy for me to have a tubal and additionally we continue to us protection. don't know too many men who go in for sperm testing afterwards like they're supposed to. unless your in the room while he's getting his postop exams and tests making sure he's sampled himself I'd be real careful trusting the vasectomy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Dunno. I am having the Essure procedure done. It is more trustworthy than a vasectomy or tubal ligation.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My ex DH had a vasectomy at age 33. It wasn't painful at all for him. And we had sex that night! lol Then his nuts swole up so I don't recomend that anyone do that soon after the surgery! lol
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Hubby was 36 when he had it done. It wasn't too bad - he kept ice on it for the next day, but I'd say maybe 2 or 3 days and he was ready for sex. The worst part was the ride home from the hospital because the anesthesia was wearing off & we had to go by the pharmacy to pick up the pain medication, so the bouncing in the car was unpleasant for him. But once we were home, all was OK.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 9:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2009