Proof of Reincarnation?

Child's Nightmares and Memories Prove Reincarnation:

http://www.fox8.com/wjw-reincarnation-txt%2C0%2C1190900.story

What do you think? Could this be true? If you don't believe it, then how do you explain the knowlege this little boy has of past events and people?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have received sufficient proof to convince me that we all have had past lives. I am afraid of snakes because, in this life, I've lived in Arkansas as a child and there are 3 of the most poisonous snakes in the world that live there. I am afraid of closets for NO reason that I can remember in this life, but a cell memory of a man coming out of a closet and attacking me in a former life is persistent. I have an OCD related to this. I can't tolerate clothing or jewelry that touches my neck for NO other reason than that I "remember" being executed by ax-blade in Tudor England. We all have irrational fears or phobias that have nothing to do with anything that has happened to us in our current lives. Sometimes a past-life memory reminds us and sometimes it never does. Hinson's compulsion to preach comes from a past life as the Mother Superior in a medievel convent. Explains a lot, huh!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• That's very interesting! I read a book several years ago called Life After Life (can't remember the author) that detailed several very similar stories of children with past life memories whose recollections were accurate and able to be validated.

I'm openminded on the subject personally. I suppose if you wanted an alternate explanation you could argue that these children were psychic and were somehow picking up on the experiences of others who have died and remembering them as if they were their own.

When my nephew was younger he insisted that at one point he lived on a farm and had to get water from a well. He also insisted that another family member was there too, although she 'looked different but it was still her.' He was very insistant about this when he was about three years old and would get very upset if contradicted. Things that make you go hmmmmm!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My son used to have night terrors from the ages of 2-5 and during the down-time after these terrors, he would tell me strange things about 'his other self' and who he used to be and what he did. It was strange and although I tried to pass it off as simply nightmares, in the back of mind I always believed he was telling me the truth- I was just scared to admit it.

The terrors stopped and he has never spoken about those things again and he doesn't even remember any of it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I believe in reincarnation %100, it actually makes a lot more sense then going to heaven or hell. I'm checking out the article right now.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• WOW!!!!

That was AMAZING!!!! I bet the SUPER Christians will skip this one......lol! I mean, there is no possible way that a boy can reincounter all those events, & the peoples' names that he was w/. That was truely amazing!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yep... so far I see no one but those who believe it's an option. There are way too many other stories like this out there to disregard this phenomenon and I don't think it's studied enough.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• im sorry but does the bible say anything about Reincarnation? If not i do not believe in it ?

2 Corinthians 11:14
    And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

2 Corinthians 11:14
    --------------------------
    Well for those of us that don't live by your holy bible, this makes a lot of sense.
    I am curious then...what is your "almighty God's" explaination for this case and others like it?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I had horrible fears of things on my neck, to the extent a turtleneck sweater would send me into panic attacks.
    I once had a past life regression, and turns out, according to them....one past life I was beheaded, another hanged.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Actually hinson:

Reincarnation was a part of early Christianity. Most all Eastern religions believe in reincarnation, and Judaism is an Eastern religion. Christianity, coming from Judaism, also accepted reincarnation as a basic tenet. Until May 5th, 533 AD. The Emperor Justinian I, guided by his wife, called a council of bishops from the Eastern Empire. They gathered in Constantinople along with representatives from Pope Vigilius back in the Western Empire. At the Fifth Ecumenical Council, the Emperor announced he no longer wished to advocate the belief in reincarnation. This may have something to do with the idea that man can be "immortal" through multiple lives. Although this Council was well documented, the reason behind the Emperor's decision was never noted. After a show of hands, the bishops agreed with the Emperor.

CONTINUED...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2009